quarta-feira, 22 de julho de 2009

Has he really gone?

Beloved readers, I must confess that although I do like English very much, this is my first attempt to write in English at my blog so I must ask for your forgiveness if anything goes bad this time. I’m already felling a shiver down my spine.

I know Michael is yesterday news, but I couldn’t resist the temptation or writing about him, mainly after reading the article entitled "Finding Neverland" by David Gates at Newsweek. The first question that popped-up my mind after the dazzling gig in Los Angeles was: "Has he really gone?" I was told by a friend the other day that Michael is maybe alive. This is very unlikely I would say but not impossible.

The point is, what does the expression "to be alive" really means? If we have the curiosity to go back a few decades what we’ll find out is that Michael was probably dead far before Thriller (his bestselling album of all times). It was probably when his father neglected his role as a father. Or maybe when Michael himself started morphing into someone else. Or maybe when he was accused of being a pedophile in 2005.

Prejudice. Charisma. Lack of adult sexuality. Supremely gifted. These terms and definitions surrounded him since he was very little and yet, this controversial character, probably died without experimenting one single day of true happiness! This is unbelievably sad.

Humanity is the key for being alive and unfortunately Michael has lost his long ago. At least in my point of view.

Um comentário:

  1. Alex, congratulations for your first english post! Eu gosto muito da sua maneira de escrever... Parabéns!

    ResponderExcluir